CBD Oil for Sleep – CBD has many positive effects, but few are as well-studied as its ability to support a healthy night’s nap.
The best CBD oils for sleep are ended from full-spectrum halter extract, come third-party tested for purity, and contain additional ingredients to enhance the sedative qualities of CBD.
Here are five evidence-based mechanisms of CBD to improve our ability to fall asleep, stay asleep, and make us feel more rested the following day.
The Benefits of CBD Oil for Sleep Quality
1. Sedative Benefits of CBD
One of the most commonly observed things of high doses of CBD is sedation. CBD helps improve the overall quality of sleep and its duration.
On the other hand, low doses of CBD have been shown to have the opposite effect; that is, they promote wakefulness and attention.
It means that to the gross advantage of the sedative qualities of CBD, it is essential to use doses at the higher end of the range (how to dose CBD oil is explained later).
Other cannabinoids have also shown calming effects, including CBN, CBG, CBC, and CBDV. That’s why it’s better to use a full-spectrum extract for sleep than oil made with CBD isolate.
2. CBD Can Relieve Anxiety
Stress-induced anxiety can cause disturbances in sleep patterns. CBD has been shown to decrease symptoms of stress and anxiety.
Combined with other stress management techniques, CBD can be a valuable supplement to reduce anxiety symptoms and help you fall asleep more easily at the end of the day.
3. CBD Can Reduce Nightmares
Clinical trials have shown that CBD can stop or significantly reduce nightmares and lingering memories if dreams or flashbacks keep you awake at night.
How CBD offers this benefit is not well understood, but it is a commonly reported effect of CBD use. Many parents have reported improving their children’s use of CBD to relieve night terrors.
4. CBD Can Improve Sleep Patterns
CBD has shown promising results for persons with REM sleep behavior disorder, a condition that causes people to have movements (such as kicking, hitting, and shaking) during REM sleep.
And CBD has also been exposed to help people with excessive daytime sleepiness by increasing total sleep time. The cannabinoid has the potential to regulate sleep patterns and promote more extended periods of uninterrupted sleep.
5. CBD Can Relieve Pain
Chronic hurt is one of the most common reasons for sleep illnesses. CBD can help relieve pain while you sleep.
Many patients have reported substituting their pain medication for CBD, especially in treating headaches, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and other chronic pain syndromes.
There is even evidence that CBD can be used to help stop taking opiates/opioids or benzodiazepines and reduce withdrawal symptoms.
What to Aspect When Purchasing CBD for Sleep?
Many CBD oils are suitable for promoting sleep. The best CBD oils are made with a full-spectrum hemp extract, contain a relatively high concentration of CBD, and come with third-party safety testing.
It’s also a good idea to look for CBD oils that contain other sedative ingredients, such as melatonin or other herbal extracts.
- Opt for a full-spectrum CBD oil
- Look for a high potency CBD oil (at least 1000mg)
- Buy oils from a trusted manufacturer
- Choose products with other ingredients that help you fall asleep
Guide to using CBD to Promote sleep
Consuming CBD is relatively easy, but there are a few tricks you need to know to get the most out of it.
I will give you information on the type of insomnia you might be experiencing and how to use CBD oil effectively to solve it.
I’ll also cover how to find the correct dose of CBD, when to take it, and what other ingredients or supplements you should take along with the oil to get the most benefits.
1. CBD Oil meant for Different Types of Insomnia
For example, we have already mentioned that not all cases of insomnia are identical. There are many different reasons and forms of insomnia. It can influence the choice of the best products for your specific symptoms.
The first step to improving the quality of sleep with CBD is to find a product that is more suited to your particular problem.
However, CBD will still provide benefits even if you don’t know the exact cause of your sleep problems.
Here are some general rules for each type of insomnia:
Sleep Onset Insomnia :
- Use a full spectrum CBD extract
- Use more substantial doses of CBD
- Give yourself time before going to bed at dark
- Avoid electronic shelters for at least an hour before bed
- Start a bedtime routine every night
Sleep Maintenance Insomnia
- Use a full spectrum CBD extract OR CBD isolate
- Use more substantial doses of CBD
- Monitor blood glucose levels and eat meals high in protein and complex carbohydrates in the evening
- Use a humidifier if you live in drier weather
- Consume some sugar before bed (to support the movement of tryptophan in the brain)
- Consider testing to assess thyroid and liver function
- Use full spectrum OR CBD isolate products
- Monitor blood glucose levels
- Consider the use of adaptogens
- Exercise first thing in the morning (to control cortisol points in the morning)
- Take steps to manage stress levels effectively
2. What is the Dose of CBD to Improve Sleep Quality?
CBD is well known for its sedative benefits; however, these effects only appear when doses are taken in the higher ranges. Low doses of CBD lack the sedative benefits and may even provide a mild stimulant effect.
It is difficult to determine a specific dose of CBD for sleep problems because each person reacts to the compound differently.
That said, there are some general guidelines new users can use to get started.
We recommend starting with the lowest dose for your weight and gradually increasing over time until you experience the benefits you are looking for.