The agoge was a challenging education and training regimen required of all male Spartans.
The agoge’s education included fostering Spartan allegiance via combat training (e.g., pain tolerance), hunting, dancing, singing, and social (communicating) education.
Table of Contents
Agoge Diet – The literal translation of agoge is “aggressive.” If it’s an agoge diet, the simple definition is “aggressive diet.”
The agoge diet not only helps to burn fat, but it also helps to burn abdominal fat. And any diet may be deemed a good diet if it also aids in the maintenance of health and strength.
The Agoge Diet has the following advantages :
- It may help you live a longer life.
- Maintains the health of the eyes, teeth, and skin.
- Muscle support.
- Immune system booster.
- Bones are strengthened.
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and some malignancies.
- Aids in the maintenance of healthy pregnancies and nursing.
- Aids to the proper functioning of the digestive system.
Agoge Diet Plan
Train Like a Spartan. Eat Like a Spartan. Look like a Spartan
The agoge diet has a significant influence on remarkable physical modifications.
In reality, for 99 percent of us, out training, a lousy diet is nearly difficult.
We have to start eating like Spartans now that we’ve begun training.
And if we succeed, we’ll all be able to see the fat melt away, revealing six-pack abs and veins we never knew existed.
The agoge diet is easy to follow, yet it is EXTREMELY effective.
It is intended to reduce muscle loss and increase strength while minimizing fat loss.
The Rules of Agoge Diet
- Eat every 4 hours
- Eat lean protein with each meal: fish, chicken breasts, lean ground beef, turkey breasts, egg whites
- Include 2-3 servings of vegetables at each meal: carrots, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.
- Cheat whenever you want. One condition: you must cheat within 1-3 hours of completing a strenuous workout. It would help if you worked for your free meals.
- Consume healthy fats up to 40% of the time: 50% extra virgin olive oil, almonds, and avocado oil, and 50% fish oil
Your Daily Calories You’ll Need for Agoge Diet
Begin by consuming 14 calories per pound of bodyweight.
Get 35% of your calories from protein, 25% from carbs, and 40% from healthy fats.
Adjust your caloric intake after four weeks.
Make no massive changes; 100 or 200 calories fewer or more per day is adequate.
A 200-pound male, for example, would consume 2800 calories per day.
245g of protein, 175g of carbs, and 124g of healthy fats would be the macronutrient breakdown.
If he is still unhappy with his fat-loss progress after four weeks, we will reduce his carbohydrate consumption to 125-150g daily.
Please Use Our Tool To Calculate Your Daily Calorie Intake: DAILY CALORIE INTAKE CALCULATOR
Also Read: What is Intermittent Fasting?
Superfoods for Agoge Diet
The items listed below must provide 80 percent of your calories.
Protein sources include lean red meat (93 percent lean), salmon, omega-3 eggs, and chicken breasts.
Spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower are examples of vegetables.
Extra virgin olive oil, fish oil, avocados, and mixed nuts (walnuts, Brazil nuts, pecans, and cashews) are good fat sources.
Meal options include salmon, lean ground beef, eggs, tilapia, turkey burgers or chicken breasts, and any veggie (the broader variety of colors, the better)
Snacks include protein drinks, unsalted almonds, beef jerky, and vegetables such as carrots.
That’s all. Simple, yet powerful.
Follow the daily calorie intake for at least two weeks, ideally four weeks, and then change it according to the above principles.
In four weeks, you will not only feel like a Spartan but also begin to look like a Spartan!
Also Read: What is the Mediterranean Diet?